An online blogger or other sorts of online writer can actually use any dictionary available to look for a single word that suggests many subjects to write. He can use it in subject finding to get him started to focus and write down his valuable thoughts for articles and stories to share to his online audience.
Below is a list of words I gathered from scanning the pages of a dictionary. Most of them are of perennial interest and can therefore be treated at any time and you can write interesting and inspiring articles about them like:
· Accident, accounts, age, agriculture, air, amusement, animal, army, art, astronomy and autumn
· Baby, bar, beauty, bird, books, bridge, budget and building
· Camp, career, character, child, city, clock, club, cold, collecting, color, country life, court and crime
· Dance, doctor, drama and drink
· Economy, education, election, eye, face, failure, family, fish, flowers, food and football
· Game, garden, gift and guest
· Habit, hand, health, height, hobby, holiday, house, humor and hunting
· Income, industry, insect, insurance and invention
· Jail and judge
· Language, law, letter, life and luck
· Motoring and music
· Name and navy
· Office and opportunity
· Parliament, personality and photography
· Racing, railway, religion, river and road
· Science, sea, slang, sleep, spring, success, summer and surgery
· Table, tea and tobacco
· Toy, trade, travel and tree
· Walking, weather, wedding, wills, winter and work
The important thing in subject finding is to get a starting tip to focus your thoughts. Any dictionary will provide you countless starting points; sometimes a single word will suggest many subjects. Jot down all the ideas that occur to you and select those on which you can say something of interest to the average reader. Sometimes one word will frequently suggest another. Of course, there are other ways in finding ideas like Dickens – he drew his material from the London streets. Richard Jefferies from the hedgerows and fields while Conrad from the sea.
Furthermore, looking for ideas is amusing than waiting for them to come your way. Wherever you live there are people who are ready to give you interesting facts drawn from their special experience – provided that you make the right approach for them. Keep your ears open. There are lots of specialists around you – specialists in food, sports, education, housing, decoration and etc. All these people have expert knowledge and they may have interesting things to reveal to you about current trends in their particular field.
Read also: Wikinut Awesome Blog